Please sign in to post.

touring Rome

My husband and I will be in Rome for 9days in Nov. is there anything that is a Must to reserve now.. or do we just become tourists..We have our hotel booked..thanks

Posted by
14 posts

The Borghese Gallery only takes reservations because there is a certain amount people allowed at a time. Vatican museum lines can get ridiculous and a reservation is a good idea. From what I hear, November is a less busy time to go.

Posted by
7737 posts

Same with the Scavi tour under St. Peter's. You have to reserve in advance.

Posted by
1054 posts

Reserve ahead also for the Colosseum Underground Tour. This plus the 2 above are all I think you need advance reservations for.

Posted by
15560 posts

If you have difficulty making any of the reservations, you can ask your hotel to book for you, just give them a day and a time window. There is usually a long line for the Vatican Museums in the mornings. Sometimes there is a very short one later in the day. Monday is the worst day to visit: closed on Sunday so there's a "backed-up" factor plus all the other museums are closed. Wednesday afternoons are often crowded if there's a papal audience in the morning - but the morning will be relatively empty for just that reason.