Please sign in to post.

Tour guides in Rome

My husband and I will be in Rome on April 6 and 7 and would like to join a tour group. This will be at the end of our trip to Italy and we want to keep to a tight budget. Can anyone recommend an itinery or tour group? We would like to see the ancient sites as well as the Vatican.

Posted by
52 posts

Check out romecabs.com and click the Ancient Rome tab under Sightseeing for two itineraries that follow what you're hoping to see.

I just booked something with them after reading a multitude of great reviews. Stephano, the owner, got back to me immediately via email with a very professional response and a terrific price.

Posted by
23266 posts

Are you looking for all day, bus type of tours? The hop on/off bus is great and cheap. Second, walking tours are reasonable. We like Angel Tours.

Posted by
128 posts

Had great experience last week with Through Eternity Tours with 3 tours: Vatican/St. Peters; Forum and Coloseum; and Twilight Tour. After my research, their fees are reasonable, groups small, guides (Ian and Janet) very good. Booked everything on line with payment in cash during the tour. Very professional and English speaking. Have a great time and enjoy the gelato!!!