Please sign in to post.

tour guide in Rome

Has anyone used the tour company recommended by Rick called Roman Odyssey for the Vatican tour.

Posted by
81 posts

No but the tour guide Francesca is fabulous. Best tour I have ever had.

Posted by
209 posts

We hired Francesca Pagliaro and her email address is (francesca.pagliaro@gmail.com). We contacted Francesca Pagliago and made arrangements. Communication was timely and perfect English. We had a tour with her of the Colliseum, Forum and Palatine Hill
I cannot tell you how pleased we were with Francesca P. She is a Art major which was great at the Vatican but her knowledge of the Roman ruins was excellent. She is not only knowledgeable about her work but she obviously enjoys her job. She was punctual, pleasant, patience, and just fun to be with

Posted by
7737 posts

We're planning to use Francesca Caruso. She gets amazing reviews here. Try her at francescainroma@gmail.com. Here's an interview with her: http://www.ricksteves.com/news/tournews/guides/francesca_08.htm See http://www.justgirlsjustitaly.com/rome.htm for a video clip of her in action. Also, Context Travel gets great reviews here. They have 50 different walking tours and the group size is limited to 6. We're thinking about using them as well. Happy travels.

Posted by
2114 posts

Ditto the recommendation for Francesca Caruso. She's the "rock star" among Rome tour guides. Even other tour guides hold her in the highest regard. But, book early, as she fills up quickly. Rick Steves' group tours use her as the local Rome guide, which is how we met her. She makes all the ancient ruins come alive in a very engaging and interesting way. And, she has a cute sense of humor, with perfect English.

Posted by
77 posts

We just got back & had a wonderful time with Federica D'Orazio info@touristinrome.com It was just the four of us. She did it in 3.5 hours for 180 euros. She has a master's in art history, perfect English and great personality.

Posted by
4 posts

Just returned from a 24 day tour around Rome, the Italian and French Revieras, Barcelona and Seville,Spain and ending in Paris. Best part of the tour for me was Rome. We found the Italians very willing and capable in carrying out their businesses in English as well as many other languages. We did use The Roman Odyssey Tour for the Vatican. Reserved a day and time online; paid for half the cost via credit card and paid the rest when we met the guide at the appointed place. It all worked out great. He (Stephano) met us where we had been instructed to meet at the time appointed. Stephano passed the lines and purchased our tickets without a wait. The tour was very professional and interesting. Stephano kept us moving, but would not hesitate to stop and answer any questions. It was a great tour and I would have hated to try to see the Vatican without a guide. Roman Odyssey worked for us. Will use them again if we go back. A great highligt of Rome was our guided tour through the Colloseum, Forum, Palatine Hill and the Pantheon. Our guide was Francesca Pagliaro (francesca.pagliaro@gmail.com). She was a wonderful guide: very knowledge in the arts and history and very personable, a joy to be around. We reserved her online and she told us the time and the place to meet. She was there on time looking for us and guided us wonderfully for about 4 hours. My group of 4 would love to return to Rome just to see Francesca again and use her skills at another site or two.
Emory

Posted by
1 posts

I contacted the highly rated Francesca, and since she was busy she gave me the names of some of her recommended tour guides. We used Marta Marsili for two private tours, one of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel and the next day the Colliseum and Roman Forum. I would highly recommend Marta. She is knowlegeable with an art history background, had a lovely personality, and made our trip so much more memorable. Of course, we bypassed all the lines, and she had a running commentary of historical facts and explanations that helped make sense out of what we saw. We did private tours in Rome and then group tours in Florence and we got much more out of the private tour than the group tour, even though the group guides were good. Marta can be reached at martamarsili@hotmail.com. In October, when we used her, she was charging 50 euro per hour, figured by 15 minute increments. She was worth every penny we spent.