Please sign in to post.

TomTom 930 Navigation in Italy

I need some help with my TomTom 930. I will be touring through Tuscanny in a couple of weeks; and, while am in Australia, I would like to plan some routes on the TomTom 930 before I go. Is this action possible and if so HOW???

Kind regards,

Shaun

Posted by
1018 posts

Does TomTom sell european map sd cards or downloads? I used my Garmin 260w in Italy, but I bought the sd card for all of Europe on Amazon. It was terrific. I never preplanned anything. Each day I selected the "near a city" option and went to a site we wanted to see.

Buon viaggio,

RB

Posted by
850 posts

Shaun, I have the tomtom910, the forerunner to the 920 & 930 so yours would have some differences from mine with improvements and more up to date maps. On the 910 I could do an advanced itinerary and did play around with it before taking it on my first trip using it. I did not on the next trip and just planned my routes after we got there as needed for each segment of the trip. Using the google maps or viamichelin site before you go can be a big help. You can check out different routes and compare mileage, travel time etc. Travel times can be off due to traffic, stops, which roads you take and other factors but overall you get familiar with the areas you want to drive. I have used both but really like the google site.

RB, The tomtom 930 comes with European maps on it.