Please sign in to post.

Tixs to Borghese Gallery June 2, 2019

Anyone have tixs to the Borghese Gallery for this afternoon they want to sell? There is a huge parade in Roma today celebrating the Republic and so our other plans got scuttled.
Thanks

Posted by
313 posts

We were there this past Wednesday. The signs posted said tickets are NOT available this week and next.

I am not sure the gallery is even open. Also, it might be the free day. Did you check the site? When I was planning our trip I wanted to tour the gallery today, but there were no tickets available - so I thought it was the free day for the month. Then I tried to book a tour of the Colisseum. Couldn't do that.

Turned out Festa della Republica is shutting things down.

The Italian version of the Blue Angels JUST flew overhead as I write this.

My son just got back from his run and said the area near the monument is COMPLETELY shut down now.

My only suggestion: go to the gallery and check with them directly.

Good luck.

B

Posted by
15809 posts

Yep, June 2nd is a national holiday in Italy. Details in the link below including a list of museums open for free today that you could try if interested? The Borghese isn't one of them, and there are no free first Sundays at the National Museums anymore from April - Sept. unless especially noted.

https://www.wantedinrome.com/news/festa-della-repubblica-in-rome-2-2.html

The Colosseum closes at least part of the day because of its proximity to the parade and affected street closures.