Please sign in to post.

Tickets

Can someone tell me if it is possible to purchase vatican & st. peters tickets, and various transportation tickets (such as the 110 bus & archeobus tickets) on line?
Thanks,
Margaret

Posted by
10344 posts

You cannot buy bus tickets online, not that I'm aware of.

Posted by
2297 posts

Churches in Rome including St Peter's cathedral are free. No tickets necessary. In the rest of Italy that's a different story.

Posted by
122 posts

As for St. Peter's, I would advise arriving early as the lineup for security can become very long. If you want to visit the Vatican Museums (including the Sistine Chapel), there IS an entrance fee. The Vatican has an online booking service (I didn't use it so I can't say how well it works). We were there at 2:00 p.m. and the lineup was very short so we just stepped into line, were inside in a matter of 5 minutes, and used the Rick Steves podcast to guide us through.

Posted by
2207 posts

Watched 20 - 30 folks waiting to enter the Vatican Museum this AM. They were forming as a group across the street from the Museum entrance on the steps near my house. I stopped and asked them what they were waiting on. They paid £29 for the skip the line feature... I pointed to where the entrance was (9:30 AM) and showed them THERE WAS NO LINE! They were deeply disturbed to realize they were not getting a tour, simply WAITING to skip a line that did not exist.... Folks, there are few lines now so just come and enjoy the museum. Avoid Mondays, Saturday AM, and the last Sunday of the month and you'll be fine.

The other things you asked for Margaret can be purchased upon arrival. Slow down and enjoy Rome!!!!

Ciao,
Ron