Please sign in to post.

The Vatican

While reading Rick Steves' Rome 2011 I saw that he recommended not going to the Vatican on saturdays or mondays. However, we are only in Rome (this March) Saturday through early Tuesday morning so I was wondering which day would be better to go... Saturday or Monday?

Posted by
4152 posts

Both days will be crowded so it really doesn't matter. Just pick the one that fits into your plans better. You can book tickets online or go in the afternoon to avoid most of the lines outside. Donna

Posted by
1127 posts

Reserve tickets via the Vatican Museum official site and at least you won't have to stand in line to enter, but the museum will still be crowded.

Posted by
3 posts

Yea, I'm going to reserve tickets before we go I was just trying to see which of the two days was the better of the worst.

Posted by
2207 posts

If you're going to go ahead and reserve tickets anyway, then I guess I would go on Saturday. Mondays are almost always the busiest days. Once you've bypassed the line, you still want to try and avoid the larger crowds INSIDE. For some more insight on your visit, read these 20 tips on visiting the Vatican. Good Luck!