Please sign in to post.

The Vatican

OK, here goes. What is really the best way to see the Vatican? I'm not much of a tour person. I always plan our trips myself, but this time we have my mother and sister with us, and I would really like to make sure we get the most out of our visit. What about private tours? Have any of you had experience with these, and are they worth the money? I'm perfectly happy to spend the extra, if it means we can all get something special out of it.

Posted by
127 posts

i made an effort to avoid ANYthing in rome where there was a line invovled...[i learned my lesson w/ the Uffuzi art gallery, florence;even w/ a reservation it was TOO crowded, and left after 20 min.]...that being said, i went to the vatican after missing my plane out, and had an extra day.
it was relativly uncrowded! after hearing all the horror stories..the reason?
the POPE was out of town! [went to Brazil]..so if you are OK w/ no pope, try to find when he is not there.
:]
jim

Posted by
44 posts

Anne, scan through previous posts to get more info about the Vatican. Right now on p.2 the 3rd to last entry is Vatican Museum Queue. On p. 3 around the middle is Vatican-Skipping the Line. If you have more questions, just ask:-)