Please sign in to post.

The Last Supper

Greetings -
We are going to be in Milan at the start and end of our trip and dragged our feet on booking the Last Supper. Are there any opportunities for showing up at some random time and getting to see it without a ticket?

We will be in Milan October 30 and 31 and November 13 and possible November 12. We leave the 14th.

Thanks,
Linda, the foot dragger.

Posted by
23463 posts

No experience and only working with heresy -- which I don't like to do -- But frequent postings here have indicated that the tickets are very hard to come by. Maybe when you are there on the 30th you can check for available then and when you return. Good Luck.

Posted by
1078 posts

Don't give up- I scored a ticket for the last viewing a week before I arrive in Milan. You might try doing two separate reservations to see what happens on the days' you're there. An Aussi couple I saw it with scored it the same day they landed-on a whim- and it was on a Saturday.

Posted by
714 posts

I just checked for tickets through Viator, and they have them available for two people on October 30 (only date I checked). It might cost a bit more, but you do get a guided tour.

Posted by
336 posts

We did it as part of a 6 hour guided tour of Milan. We loved the entire tour. It included a couple other very nice churches and entrance to the Doumo. Tickets are so hard to get, that may be your best option at this time...

Posted by
5260 posts

The last time I visited Milan, I booked my Last Supper ticket 3 months in advance.

The morning I was picking up my ticket, at the ticket office, there was a young couple in front of me and they asked if any tickets were available, and sure enough they were told that they had 2 tickets at 4pm that same afternoon.

So... I suggest you go to the ticket office when you arrive and check for availability for all your dates.

Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
369 posts

We were unable to make it work our first time in Milan, but booked a tour through Viator our second time. Not ideal, but it was a priority for us. Exceptional guide who included much info and well worth the extra $$/Euros.

Posted by
308 posts

The Last Supper ticket office opens at 8 am. There are always last minute cancellations each day. Get there right before they open and ask what time slots have been cancelled and buy tickets that way. There is no predictor if you can see the Last Supper at the same time though. You can go to the ticket office randomly through the day and do the same thing of course but chances are better first thing in the am.

Posted by
97 posts

Thank you all for the good tips. Lots of options for lots of dates!

Kind regards,
Linda