Please sign in to post.

Thank you all!!

Well, the time has come and we leave for Italy tomorrow. After several months of planning, reading, ticket buying, menu searching, tour bookings and researching it's here. It is almost hard to believe. Its been a dream of mine for so many years to go to Italy and now I am getting that chance and sharing it with my husband and 13 year old son. I am so thankful and fortunate that we are able to go. I still cannot believe that I will see such things like the Sistine Chapel, The Amalfi Coast and the Duomo in Florence. Things that I have only seen on-line and in moves will become a reality.

I hope that I thought of everything and all goes well. I said to my husband that we need to relax and take things in stride and just enjoy the moment. If we get to Milan tomorrow and are close to making the train to Florence and miss it, there will be another one a hour later. I am a bit nervous about the train travel, I must admit.

A BIG thank you to everyone that has helped along the way and gave great advice and suggestions! Ciao!!!

Posted by
11613 posts

tbrenk, buon viaggio and thanks for posting! I hope you will do a trip report when you can.

I think you will enjoy taking the trains.

Posted by
795 posts

Be aware that many museums in Italy will be subject to a strike on April 4-5. I hope you will enjoy this trip. We lived in both Rome and Florence (Firenze was our favorite). You will love train travel. We are always riding the trains when we are in Europe (many months of every year) and they are a comfortable way to see the country. Relax and let them do the driving. Best wishes and be sure to let us all know how the trip went.

Posted by
141 posts

Terri Lynn, on 4/4 we were planning on the Duomo, Bapistry, Bell Tower, etc in Florence. 4/5 we have the Colosseum in the afternoon. Are those affected?

Posted by
11613 posts

You can check the websites for opening/closing information, or check with the TI when you get to Firenze, or when you arrive at your hotel, perhaps the front desk will have that information.

Posted by
506 posts

Don't worry it will all look different and be OK when you are there doing it. After you ride the train a couple times you will get the hang of it. So much easier than driving. Have fun, it will go by fast so enjoy every moment.