Please sign in to post.

Termini Hotels

Looking to book a hotel near Termini station for 1 night. We are travelling with children. Are the hotels around the station very sketchy? I have looked into Hotel Sonya but it is full. Any other recommendations?

Posted by
3961 posts

We've stayed twice at the lovely Residenza Cellini. Less than 10 minute walk to the Termini station. You mentioned "sketchy around the station." We've never felt uncomfortable there. The hotel has a lift, delicious breakfast, well appointed rooms, quiet and helpful staff. This area is highly recommended by Rick Steves and Forum contributors. www.residenzacellini.it

Posted by
417 posts

Our family stayed at Hotel Rex, on via Torino. Its' proximity to Termini (2-3 blocks) makes for easy departures, and we found the accommodations quite comfortable. While I'd rather stay in more aesthetically pleasing neighborhoods (Navona/Pantheon area or over in Trastevere) for longer visits, for one night and sheer convenience to Termini it makes for a smart (pre)getaway locale.

Posted by
23574 posts

Try Hotel Contilla, it is a block south of the south-side, side entrance of Termini. We use it for our one night stands when passing through Rome. Personally don't think any of the hotels or even the area around Termini as being very sketchy. But sketchy is in the eye of the beholder. And sketchy in Europe has a different meaning than sketchy in the US. Sketchy in the US is associate with crime but we feel perfectly safe in the Termini area. It is a heavy commercial area -- some nice restaurants, lots of pedestrian traffic, etc. We have stayed in this area off and on for close to a month over the past ten years or so.

IMO, Hotel Aberdeen is not in the Termini area since it is a good half mile away in a totally different neighborhood. However, it is a good hotel if the distance to Termini is not a problem.

Posted by
2055 posts

We have stayed in this area a few times, and while not scenic we always felt safe coming and going day and night. The Starhotel Metropole is a big, fairly glitzy (to us, anyway) business class hotel with a huge breakfast buffet that might appeal. We will stay at the Hotel Domus Praetoria this October but have never stayed before. We chose it based on proximity to station, price and reviews. We just want a room for two nights near the station in advance of a cruise. Good luck.

Posted by
198 posts

We just returned from Rome where we stayed at Hotel Aphrodite. It is literally across the street from the train station. It was nice, clean and had a nice breakfast in the morning. We were very satisfied.

Posted by
8293 posts

Hotel Diana, 4 minute walk from Termini.

Posted by
1103 posts

Here is another vote for the Aberdeen. The hotel is right across the street from the Ministry of Defense, so the neighborhood felt safe.

Posted by
19 posts

We just stayed at the Best Western Plus Hotel Universo last week and it was nice! It was an easy 4 block walk from the Termini.

Posted by
291 posts

The Beehive is a 5 minute walk from Termini. They are a ho(s)tel. So, they have dorms but also private rooms. Great place run by a wonderful family! I've stayed twice and loved it both times.

Posted by
521 posts

I have stayed at the Hotel Stella for years. It’s my go -to hotel in Rome. It is five minutes walking from Termini and I have always felt safe in the neighborhood as a single woman, even at night. They have a lovely rooftop terrace where breakfast is served.