Please sign in to post.

taxi in Rome

I am flying into FCO and going to Hotel Selene, by the train station. The hotel is offering a fifty euro rate for the both of us,to travel by van. I remember taxi's being inexpensive in Rome, does anyone know what I would pay for a taxi and if it's difficult to get a taxi at the airport?

Posted by
32214 posts

cynthia,

If your Hotel is located near Roma Termini, my choice would be to use the Leonardo Express rather than a Van or Taxi as it will be less expensive. Travel time is about 30 minutes and there are no "issues" with traffic.

Happy travels!

Posted by
1317 posts

I agree with Ken, unless you have a large party (doesn't sound like it) or a lot of luggage. I use the train.

But you asked about taxis. If the hotel is within the Aurelian walls, which I think it is, there is a flat 40 euro rate. I believe there may be an extra charge for luggage (or excess luggage), but I'm not 100% on that. It should not be difficult to get a taxi at the airport, just be careful to get into an officially marked taxi at the taxi stand and not lured off by someone else.

Personally, even though it's a bit more money, if I wasn't taking the train, I'd take the shuttle over the taxi. It's a lot less likely the hotel's van is going to try to pull a fast one on you and you will likely not be at your sharpest after an overseas flight.