Please sign in to post.

Sunday and Monday in Rome

Hello- we are meeting our son and daughter-in-law in Florence where we will all stay in a villa for 7 days, then take the train to Rome where we will stay Friday, Saturday and part of Sunday- our son and his wife must return that day to London for work, so my husband and I are considering staying a couple of extra days- but those days fall on Sunday and Monday. What can we see on those days- there seem to be lots of things closed??? Or what should the four of us see on Saturday and what can we leave for just my husband and I to see? Planning the itinerary can be so confusing! Thank you- Meme from Illinois

Posted by
10344 posts

Do you have Rick's Rome book? He lays out, in detail, the answer to your questions and helps you prioritize with limited time. If you don't have the book, you can go to Google Book Search and find his Italy 2008 book and browse the Rome chapter. You won't be able to browse his Rome 2008 book, not the chapters you need, which is why I specify Italy 2008.

Posted by
440 posts

Melissa, Castel San'Angelo is free on the last Sunday of the month, but open for paying customers other Sundays. I have lucked a recital in front of the Spanish Steps on a Sunday morning and been to the Medici Museum,/Gallery near the Villa Borghese park - up the Steps and turn left. Walking in the gardens of both places is lovely. People watching on a Sunday is wonderful, especially the well heeled out for a walk and lunch. You might like to check the what's on in rome website.