Please sign in to post.

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!!

We have four days to go from Nice to Italy (thinking of seeing Florence and Cinque Terre). But open to suggestions of what to see, where to stay (Hostiles/Hotels) and transportation (bus...train...) I am with students and all on a budget.

Posted by
10225 posts

Your question is a bit vague. Where is your final destination? Are you saying you have 4 days between Nice and wherever you are ending up? When are you going? How many students and how old are they? Please give us more information so we can be more helpful.

Posted by
3 posts

Hi Andrea, We have four possibly five days to venture off from Nice and back (to Nice) on July 1-5 2012. Two adults and our teenage daughters (15 years old). We thought the Italian Riviera would be easy and worthwhile.

Posted by
10225 posts

How many daughters? Your original post made it sound like you are leading a group of students. Okay, so you have 4 days, coming from and returning to Nice. What are your interests? Cinque Terre is good for hiking, if that is your thing. Otherwise, I would choose somewhere else, as it sounds like you are already having a beach experience. Florence is full of art. Is that an interest? I wouldn't try to go too far. For such a short time you don't want to spend too much time in transit. If you spend 2 nights in 2 locations you will only have a full day in each. The more you move, the more it costs. For lodging suggestions it would be good to know exactly how many are in your traveling party.

Posted by
2091 posts

Hi Francine, In 2005 eight of us did a mother/daughter high school graduation trip. We went to Rome, Monterosso, Florence & Venice and the girls enjoyed Florence more than the 5Terre although Monterosso was a great place to let them wander on their own. Of course, the girls were 17 & 18 not 15 but their interests are probably similar. I checked the DeutschBahn for connections & duration out of Nice to Monterosso and Florence and they're all 6 or more hours. I also tried skyscanner.net and easyjet out of Nice or Marseille (just to see if there was anything), into Pisa, Florence or Rome. Flights were few & the costs were outrageous. Although Easyjet has a Nice to Rome for just over €100 round trip.
Also if you travel on the 1 and 5 July, you really only have 3 days to spend in a place. Where will you have been before Nice and how long is your vacation? I was just wondering if there might be a place with easier and shorter connections that your girls would enjoy. PS: please check your PMs!