Please sign in to post.

Suggestions on Accommodation - Agriturismo near/between Siena and Montalcino

Needing to book a stay soon.
Traveling this October-November to Italy. Will be in Tuscany for 4 days.
Really wanting to find a agriturismo. Something possibly close to a town, where we can go in for coffee, or dinner. Will be planning day trips to other towns.
Looked at Marciano. But they only have a suite left. Not sure if we need all that space since it is the two of us. Any other suggestions? We will be coming from Cinque Terre ... and then making our way down to Rome before we depart.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by
4407 posts

IF that suite at Marciano is still available, Grab It! My husband and I stayed there, and never felt it was too large for us. It does cost a little more, so that's a consideration. It's more like staying in a large living room...with a bedroom off to the side. Definitely stay for at least one of their dinners!

Posted by
52 posts

Thank you! Was hoping to have a couple more to compare it to. I like the location of Marciano. But it was a little more than what I was hoping to pay since there are so many affordable options. Any other suggestions for agriturismo?
I couldn't tell the pricing for the other suggested?

Posted by
84 posts

This isn't from personal experience, but after a fair amount of research, I've made a reservation at il rigo for late September - www.agriturismoilrigo.com. The location works for us and they've been very prompt and helpful thus far. We're staying at Marciano for one night as that was all that was available and, after all the recommendations, I couldn't pass it up and broke the rule about one night stays in order to experience their dinner.

Posted by
1446 posts

A. Marciano is well worth the extra cost if you can swing it. You won't be disappointed. Staying there will likely be a highlight of your trip & their optional dinners will be a topic of discussion for years to come (as it is for myself & my husband & it's now 6 years later!). Their reviews are still excellent & you simply can't go wrong.

Posted by
52 posts

So just found out that Marciano is not available for the day we arrive. So think we have to take it off as an option. :( You guys had me sold. Hate that we can't stay there.
Thinking we want something south of Siena...but near it, since we are headed to Rome after our stay. Is this area called Crete Sensei?
What are your thoughts? Am I looking in the right place? And would it be convenient to visiting other towns while we are in Tuscany. Let me know your thoughts. Here are the towns that I would be interested in seeing. I know we may not get to all.
GREVE IN CHIANTI
SAN GIMIGNANO
SIENA
MONTEPULCIANO
PIENZA
VAL D’ORCIA
MONTALCINO
CIVITA DI BAGNOREGIO
PITIGLIANO

Want at least 1 dinner where we stay.... but want to be close to a town so we can go to dinner.

Thoughts? TIA.

Posted by
52 posts

Tenuta di Corsano looks amazing....however looks like they do not do less than a week.
We need 3-4 days.

Posted by
1166 posts

Take a look at these -

Frances Lodge - located above Siena and you can walk into the town at night ! When it's quiet….
Borgo Argenina - outside of Castellina in Chianti - Elena cooks with her guests and it's a memorable evening ! Plus the breakfasts while you sit overlooking the vineyard are delicious with fresh homemade foods each day.

From these locations we have driven ALL over from Volterra to Spoleto to Montepulciano and Pienza.

Posted by
4 posts

Villa Mazzi..... You can have a gorgeous view of Montepulciano that is about 2 km away.
It's easy to find. You have several iconic sites between this agritourismo and Pienze... About 8 kw away.
I'll get the car in FCO and drive to Villa Mazzi for my first night... On my way to Firenze or Lucca.
I get a good portion of the drive out of the way... Get a good night's sleep... And start my first full day in Italy in the heart of Italy. Loredana, the owner/operator, has always been helpful and gracious.