Please sign in to post.

Stresa, Italy

Hi
Recently I was given Stresa on Lake Mag. as a great place to stay in Italy. Would anybody be able to give us some advice on accommodation. My husband and I are travelling with another couple in early October and would like Stresa to be our first stop over. Anyone who has advice on B & Bs or hotels, we would greatly appreciate this information. Thanking you Robyn

Posted by
32216 posts

Robyn, I stayed at Hotel Saini Meublé on my last visit to Stresa, and was very pleased with the accommodations. It's not luxurious, but the room was very comfortable, and the owner was incredibly helpful. It's also in a very convenient location, only a few minutes walk from the waterfront and docks, and also to some great restaurants. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to check their website tonight, as I received a message stating "Warning, this website may harm your computer or steal personal information". I very much doubt that has anything to do with the Hotel, but probably more so with the internet provider they're using. The warnings are somewhat "puzzling", as the Hotel IS recommended in the 2012 Guidebook. The Hotel does seem to be available normally at booking.com. You could also check the Italy Guidebook (if you have one) or Trip Advisor for other Hotel listings. Happy travels!