Please sign in to post.

Staying in Siena

I'm visiting Siena at the end of the month and I'm having trouble finding any available rooms that are in the Rick Steves book.
Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Has anyone stayed at Hotel Italia Siena?
Also, we are planning on renting a car our second day there, would it be better to stay at a hotel (not listed in the book) closer to the train station? Is there public parking available near the station?

If I am able to get a room at one of the hotels near Il Campo, where do you park your car? Also, my companion is not packing light, so she will be dragging a larger suitcase, would that be a reason to stay near the train station?
Has anyone recently stayed at the Hotel Duomo or the Piccolo Hotel Etruria, I'm still waiting to hear from them.
Thank everyone so much for your assistance.
Denise

Posted by
5291 posts

Denise,
I enjoyed my stay at Antica Residenza Cicogna B&B two years ago. The staff are lovely and the breakfast was delicious.
My room was large and comfortable. I didn't have a car so can't help you with your parking questions.

Keep in mind that the train station is below the historic center, so if you choose to stay there, you'll need to take the escalators, a local bus, or a taxi to get to the city center.

Wishing you a wonderful trip!