Please sign in to post.

staying in Rome

Would anyone mind recommending a place to stay in Rome? Some place SAFE and yet not top dollar, maybe medium range as far as cost goes. There will be three of us (adults). Thank you!

Posted by
32325 posts

Cindy, I would recommend either Hotel Sonya or Hotel Aberdeen. I've stayed in both, and they were very comfortable. They're located in the area near Termini, so very convenient for transportation. In my experience, both are SAFE. Unfortunately, in Rome the "medium range" could still be a bit pricey. Happy travels!

Posted by
550 posts

I recommend Suites Piazza del Popolo. You can find them on the internet and also read reviews on TripAdvisor. Write if you have questions.

Posted by
1018 posts

Please specify your price range in dollars or euros. Medium range is a nebulous term meaning different things to different people. In the meantime, check with venere.com and tripadvisor.com for hotel choices, city sections, pricing, map locations, and client reviews. Buon viaggio,

Posted by
2386 posts

Rented an apartment a few years ago near Piazza Navona area thru freereservation.com another site to look at is homeaway.com and thebeehive.com You can see the areas around Rome, but we liked the area near the Piazza Navona. Be sure to look carefully at anyplace you decide. See what floor it is on and if they have a lift, otherwise you will be climbing up a few flight of stairs. We liked an apartment with a kitchen and bathroom without sharing with someone. Made our own coffee, and bought food from small grocery store to have in the morning. We bought enough euros from the states to pay owner, so no worries there.
Enjoy and just have fun

Posted by
1022 posts

Hotel Forte, located in Via Margutta near the Spanish Steps. Good hotel in a quiet street. I believe it has rooms for three if that's what you are wanting.

Posted by
241 posts

Just back from a week in Hotel Artemide, Rome - was as good as trip advisor suggests. Very pleased.
S

Posted by
2207 posts

There are so many GREAT places to stay in Rome. As far as "median" prices you might look in Trastevere or the Colosseo/Monti Area. For more expensive (and more centro) options, you could check out the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Spanish Steps, or the Trevi Fountain areas. For a lower end of the price scale, try the Prati-Vatican Area, or for the best (read: lowest) prices, perhaps the Roma Termini train station area. These links are to the "best-ranked" hotels by booking.com and venere.com guests... and I believe all the hotels suggested above are contained on one of these lists. Thus, you'll have no trouble finding clean and safe places to stay in Rome. Now, staying within your budget is another challenge altogether - Good Luck!!

Posted by
8 posts

Thank you all for your quick response to my question about staying in Rome. We will research each and every suggestion.
Ciao!

Posted by
1540 posts

I always stay at different hotels near the train station and I feel very safe walking around by myself (even at night).
www.venere.com is a great resource.

Posted by
719 posts

We stayed in Hotel Smeraldo last spring, just off Campo di Fiori. Great, central location and very safe. Nice, clean hotel with breakfast and quite safe.

Posted by
294 posts

Don't know what time of year you are going. If it's summer you'll want AC. B&B Smart,Downtown Accommodation will be in your price range. They are secure and not far from the train station(15 minute walk at most). I stayed in the fall and did not need AC.

Posted by
1010 posts

We have stayed at the River Palace hotel in Rome, last August for six nights. It receives great reviews on Trip Advisor. It was within walking distance of the Fountain of Trevi, the Parthenon, the Victor Emanuel Mounument and the Spanish Steps. They offer two free computers for your use. They have a beautful lobby in the center of the hotel. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast in their pretty dining room everyday.

Posted by
1501 posts

I found the least expensive rates for hotels on Booking.com -
cheaper rates than I got when I called the same hotels directly. Ron in Rome also used this website.