Please sign in to post.

Staying in Rome

has anyone stayed at Hotel Aberdeen or Gullivers Lodge?

Posted by
32253 posts

Karen, Yes, I've stayed at Hotel Aberdeen, and I'd definitely recommend it. Another Hotel that I often use in that area is Hotel Sonya and that's also recommended. Cheers!

Posted by
204 posts

Yes, my wife and I have stayed there a number of times. It is without doubt the best hotel in Roma. Run and owned by Annamaria, Cinzia and Sabrina and a host of cousins, all of whom and very nice, informative, lovely hosts. There is a 'grocery store', a Metro stop, a bus stop and a good restaurant within a block. One block off Via Nazionale, Roma's Main Street there is a pharmacy about 3 blocks away, several bank ATMs and Nazionale leads to Piazza Venezia, the center of Roma and goes on the Piazza Navona, Campo di Fiori and the Vatican. It is about 6 blocks from Termini and Piazza Repubblica is just 2 blocks. Quiet, comfortable, clean, good prices and lovely people. Safe too.

Posted by
23449 posts

Charles, you forgot the Target restaurant behind Aberdeen. We are fans of the Aberdeen along with Hotel Sonya if Aberdeen is unavailable. Never heard of Gullivers Lodge.

Posted by
34 posts

Thanks, just booked there for the nights I needed via Rick Steve's link!