Please sign in to post.

Staying in Positano

Going to positano first week in May for first time, very difficult to get rates and availability on hotel websites or any sites for that matter. Willing to pay $400 a night. Any suggestions, thank you for any suggestions Steve

Posted by
15829 posts

This is a very popular and pricey destination during high season.

Have you entered your dates into booking.com? I just plugged a random string of 5 dates (May 1 - May 6) into the site and a host of results came up, although not all of them in your price range, and not all of them might be located where you want to be. As I didn't have your actual dates/number of nights dates to work with, a more accurate search might turn up more possibilities.

https://www.booking.com

Posted by
4428 posts

My friends go every year, most places are booked a year in advance. Tourism has really rebounded there and it's packed (again).

Also beware that it's all stairs, up and down, everywhere. So if you have mobility issues or a lot of luggage, think twice.

You could try reaching out to a vlogger my friends like, Nicki Positano. She also has an interesting video about the porters who are the ones behind the scenes moving luggage around.