Please sign in to post.

Staying in Milan

I'm getting into Milan airport in August at 10:45 at night and going on into Venice the next day. Is it better to stay at the airport or go to a hotel in milan close to central station to catch the train to Venice the next day?

Posted by
32243 posts

drn,

With an arrival time of 22:45, I'd probably get a hotel close to the station in Milan for one night, and then continue to Venice the following morning. It's likely that you won't arrive at the hotel until about midnight, so be sure to notify them that you'll be a "late arrival".

The trip from Milan to Venice will be very quick and easy the next morning via high speed Freccia train, and will be much more enjoyable when you''re well rested.

Posted by
11613 posts

I agree with Ken. You can take the train from the airport to the train station and cross the street in front of the station to a number of streets loaded with hotels. Highly recommended here are the Hotel Berna and the Hotel Garda.

Posted by
16894 posts

I also agree with Ken's and Zoe's advice. There are plenty of hotels around Milano Centrale station.

Posted by
1540 posts

I have stayed in both of the hotels mentioned above.
Garda and Berna. - they are excellent and the location is really perfect.
Just a short walk from the central train station ( about 2 blocks)
and there is a metro station right on the corner, nice restaurants all around the
area.