Please sign in to post.

St Mark's Basilica

We are going to be on the My Way tour in October and the tickets are already sold out on the 6th and 7th for St. Mark's. Viator has a tour that includes skip the line, but it's $36. Worth it? Or should we take our chances on getting tickets once we get there? We didn't expect them to be sold out this early.

Posted by
14544 posts

Check to see who runs the actual tour. Viator is a 3rd party tour reseller. Go to the Viator page. Scroll down to Additional Information. CLick on that and then scroll down to the bottom of that segment and you will see who actually runs the tour. I'd book directly with them. They are having to pay Viator 20-30$.

It looks like this is just a 1 hour tour in the main nave area. I wonder if you can also pay to go behind the altar. I also loved going to the museum upstairs where you can see some of the mosaic work up close.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks! Great advice, I followed your directions and found the ultimate tour company and saved half!

Posted by
27616 posts

For the benefit of others: San Marco sells some tickets in advance so those who plan ahead can avoid the ticket-purchase line. You can always stand in the ticket line and get in. In September 2022 I did that, arriving probably a bit before 11 AM. I was in line for just about 30 minutes.