Please sign in to post.

special accommodation needed for 50th in Florence

Hello! so many choices......we will be coming off a bike tour in Tuscany, in June, and want a beautiful place to spend my birthday! $200 a night budget. spacious, bathtub, view, terrace, convenient and quiet. spa? Too much for wish list?

Posted by
78 posts

I agree that your budget might not get you everything on your Wishlist but have fun looking. When we visited Florence a couple of years ago we stayed at the Residenza il Villino, via Pergola. It has a lovely courtyard and some rooms have a terrace. Also very quiet and convenient position. We were very comfortable and the host was delightful. Re. The bath, I am not sure . Happy researching.

Posted by
3112 posts

With a budget of $200 per night, you should be able to find a nice centrally-located apartment with terrace on a website like Home Away or VRBO. It won’t have a spa, but I believe some hotels with spas allow non-guests to book spa services. Firenze Number Nine, near the Medici Chapel, is a possibility. For a quieter location, look for something between the heart of the historic center and the ring road (e.g. Santa Croce neighborhood). You may have a better chance of matching your criteria while staying on budget with an apartment rather than a hotel room.

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I chose Alloro B&B. Great reviews. Spacious rooms and balcony near train station. Will post a review after our trip. Heard there is a Turkish bath in Florence. Now going to research for it to fulfill the spa. :)