Please sign in to post.

Sorrento to Rome

Is there a train directly from Sorrento to Rome or do you have to stop in Naples and switch trains? How long of a trip is this roughly. Trying to find the fastest way from Sorrento to Rome. Thanks

Posted by
198 posts

Hi Audrey, I am trying to figure this out myself, but my understanding is that you will need to take the commuter train (Circumvesuviana) to Naples, then you can take a high speed train from Naples to Rome -- I think it goes to the Termini station.
These are my two cents -- probably those who have made the journey can make things clear for us. Ruth

Posted by
250 posts

Yup, Circumvesuviana to Naples - roughly an hour+ - and then an express train to Rome - 75 mins. I think.

Posted by
6898 posts

There are no direct trains from Sorrento to Rome. From As mentioned above, you take the Circumvesuviana train from Sorrento to Naples Centrale and it will take just over an hour. Then, you go upstairs to the Trenitalia part of the train station and take the high-speed Eurostar Frescciarossa to Rome Termini. This high-speed takes 1hr10min to make this non-stop journey. The fare is 45Eu for this train run. You can take IC trains on the same tracks but this class of trains will take over 2hrs for the run. They're slower and they make a few more stops.