Please sign in to post.

Sorrento to Naples Airport

We're taking a plane from Naples to Venice. How much time should we allow for a taxi/private car ride from our hotel in Sorrento to the Naples Airport? Anyone else tried this travel tactic to jump to the northern part of Italy?

Posted by
35 posts

Ed, While I was in Sorrento, I took a bus to the Napoli Airport. It was simple. In Sorrento, the bus stopped in the center of town (travel agency can tell you where), and it delivered us to the airport in an hour. I took a plane to Sicily, not Venice. The airport is not huge; it is easy to get around and locate gates. Just allow for airport time and checking luggage. I did this is February; crowds were minimal.

Posted by
15 posts

Trains and buses in August were slammed with tourists so we decided to take the ferry to Naples (beautiful. Then its a ten minute taxi ride from the port in Napels to the train station. Total travel time was about an hour.

Posted by
8700 posts

I can't give you a time or cost estimate, but here is the URL of a limousine/shuttle service I found by doing a Google search: www.scialone.com/limo_service.php. You could send them an e-mail and ask.