Please sign in to post.

Sorrento lodging

My wife and I will be going to Sorrento for a week in March or April. What are your lodging recommendations?

Posted by
1449 posts

The Rick Steves guidebook recommends a number of hotels. I've stayed in two of them and thought they were a good value.

Posted by
149 posts

Joe, after doing a lot of research, we decided to stay at Hotel Settimo Cielo in June. We have never stayed there before, but Rick Steve's speaks highly of it and reviews were positive.

Posted by
1018 posts

Check with venere.com and tripadvisor.com for hotel choices, pricing, map locations, and client reviews. You could also try Frommers.com/forums/italy.

Posted by
361 posts

Just got back-We stayed at the Antiche Mura (Ancient Wall) hotelfabulous service ,very nice rooms, great breakfast AND just a few blocks from the train station, an easy walk to the hotel, also it is located about a block from the main street in Sorrento. Ask for Luigi at the front desk. Go to: www.antichemurahotel.com Ciao!

Posted by
3112 posts

I like Hotel Mignon Meuble for its central location and nice rooms. But then for me, being in the heart of town is more important than great views.

Posted by
9420 posts

We've stayed at La Tonnarella three times and love it. It's in RS Italy guide.

Posted by
267 posts

joe, give IL NIDO a look
we stayed there for 3 nights in march of 2008, very nice rooms,great hard working staff with a very good resturaunt. they are located outside the city but have a free shuttle service that worked out great!!! good luck :):)

Posted by
409 posts

Il Nido Hotel, which operates as a B&B. Million dollar views, family-run hospitality, shuttle bus to get you around, etc. Also a great value.

Posted by
340 posts

If you are there for a week, look into renting a villa or apartment. It will give you a little more space and will probably cost the same or less than a hotel. Plus, for the rest of your life you can forever begin a sentence, "Ahh, yes, when we were in our villa in Sorrento. . .", and make your friends roll their eyes. Try vrbo.com or just google "vacation rentals in Sorrento Italy". Otherwise, we recommend Hotel Minerva (if you don't mind a 15 minute walk or bus ride into town) or, for an incredible splurge, Imperial Hotel Tremontano, which is right in town with amazing views and historic rooms.

Posted by
1003 posts

We stayed 4 nights at Hotel Settimo Cielo in July 2006 and enjoyed it very much. Located out on Via Capo it has a rooftop pool and we had a balcony with beautiful views of the Bay of Naples. Would stay here again.

Posted by
191 posts

Hi Joe WE stayed in Hotel Sorrento City last year and loved it. Great location - a few blocks from train station, close to shopping, very nice staff, good breakfast. Highly recommend checking it out. Rooms in front have balconies which are fun for watching street scene, but rooms can be a little noisy if you are sensitive. Mike DC