Please sign in to post.

Sorrento lodging

Looking for lodging (7 nights) in Sorrento want a Bayview room with balcony in September.

Posted by
7351 posts

Sorrento books up six months in advance, so get planning. Our fifth choice turned out great, Ambasciatori, paid extra for big balcony with soaking pool. Note there is a very small problem with roosting seagulls, and ferry horns in the morning. Window blind controls beside our bed for view from bed upon waking. Tile floor, huge bath. Relatively expensive, Rick Steves says "Worthwhile splurge." Elevator to private boardwalk sea bathing. Long walk to Circumvesuviana, but no problem for us. Lovely pool and shared pool surround with view and tables. Pricing scheme involved credits redeemable only at the hotel, say for dining.

At least three of the big Gulf-front hotels are managed by the same company, but I don't see much reason to try another's sea-bathing platform or restaurant.

There is only one, public, sand beach in Sorrento, between the two marinas. Distinct diesel fuel odor.

Posted by
1046 posts

Second vote for il Nido. I've stayed there maybe 10 times now. Breakfast can't be beat. The orange juice machine is great entertainment! They also have an amazing dinner menu. It's easily my favorite restaurant in Sorrento!