Please sign in to post.

Sorrento Hotels

We will be in Sorrento area Nov. 17-19 and planning a day trip to Amalfi to hike and a day to Pompeii. We are using the guidebook for places to stay in Sorrento, and all the hotels listed on Via Capo are closed at that time. Can anyone recommend a place with a view for 5 people? Thank you!

Posted by
1059 posts

Check out il Nido (ilnido.it). Their calendar says they are open that weekend. It is above the city with a killer view. I've stayed there at least a dozen times and Gianni and Dino and the family have always been the most amazing hosts. Their restaurant, I think, is the best in Sorrento. I don't think the shuttle into town is operating that time of the year but the bus for town and Amalfi stops right in front of the hotel. Dino can sell you a bus ticket right at the front desk.

Posted by
16409 posts

Kathy, can you be more specific? You have 5 people but are those 5 adults, 2 adults + 3 children, 2 adult couples + 1 child, etc? Your best method may be to use www.booking.com to sort options for your dates + adults/children+ desired number of rooms+ view. If you find something you like then you can either book through the website or contact the hotel directly to see what sort of rate they'd offer you.

We're all different so there's no wrong answer but I lean towards staying IN town to be closest to tourist services - some of which will be closed in mid November -so as not having to rely on transport to get to/from the hotel.

Posted by
11 posts

Hello Kathy!
Thanks for advice. We are 5 adults. My husband and I, daughter, son and daughter in law. I just have been looking on Booking.com and there are lots of options in town. Maybe we will do that.

Posted by
7771 posts

The five or six grand hotels on the cliff over the Gulf of Naples have great views but are expensive. We liked the Ambasciatori. Better views cost more, as do larger balconies.

Posted by
9436 posts

We love La Tonnarella and have stayed there 3 times. On the cliff, private beach (with elevator), great views, rooms with balconies, rooms with terraces, public terraces, a very good restaurant, great buffet breakfast, very quiet, parking.

Posted by
16409 posts

Worth mention: as your trip will be in mid-November, beach access shouldn't factor into choice as you won't be swimming that time of year. :O)

Posted by
11 posts

Thanks for the advice. We weren't expecting to swim but maybe a hot tub... Not necessary at all though. I tried the Ambasciatori and Tonnarella and both are closed at that time. They look amazing! It looks like il nido for the view and Serale Suites looks nice if we want to be in town. Still open to more suggestions!

Posted by
464 posts

Grand Hotel La Favorita is in a nice area. Imperial Hotel Tramontano has sea views and is near the lift by Villa Communale. You could also look at Grand Hotel Europa Palace as an option. Hotel Bellevue Syrene is wonderful, though it is expensive.

Posted by
1 posts
Posted by
11 posts

Villa Monica looks wonderful! I emailed them and got this response so I am wondering how it is available on booking.com? Just as I typed this, it now shows not available.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding room availabilities in our hotel.
We regret to inform you that we are unable to meet your request for the above period.
We sold Villa Monica,the new pro-rectory reopen in summer 2025.
However, as we are not able to take your reservation we suggest you to contact the “GardaPass”:

Web site www.gardapass.com - e-mail: [email protected] The GardaPass booking center is a free service of Hoteliers Association on the east side of Lake Garda. and we hope to be able to accommodate you in a not too distant future.
Yours sincerely
Thorsten Boss