Please sign in to post.

Sorrento Hotels

Any suggestions for a nice hotel in Sorrento for two nights in September. Also, can I do a day trip to both Capri and Amalfi?

Posted by
536 posts

Hi Nancy - We've stayed here several times - Very nice !! http://www.exvitt.it/
As far as the second question - Capri and Amalfi - YES !!

And, of course, you should take The Sita Bus from the central square in Sorrento over to Positano - 35 minute ride and fun - sit on the right side of the bus. That would be on the second day

Ciao, Greg

Posted by
4 posts

We stayed at Ulisse Deluxe Hostel. I read a ton of reviews on TravelAdvisor and settled on this place. It is NOT a hostel. From what I understand, there is some time that an establishment must be in service to get a hotel license. Nonetheless, whatever they call this place it was very nice, the staff was friendly and helpful with itinerary planning and ticket bookings, and it was quiet (located down the street of the all the major action in town).

If you end up staying there, if you make your way all the way down the hill there are some nice restaurants on the water.

Posted by
649 posts

Nancy

I have answered this question several times over the last year and like the other poster- check out Il Nido. It is above Sorrento in the hills. They have a shuttle bus that runs of and on all day and into the evening( I believe the last one leaves town at llPM). It has the best view from their balcony and a good restaurant served on the balcony as well(we ate there twice out of 3).You will not be disappointed.

Posted by
32212 posts

Nancy,

You might have a look at Hotel Desiree in Sorrento. It shares a driveway and beach with La Tonnarella next door (the view from the Tonnarella restaurant over the harbour is incredible, especially at night!).

Hotel Desiree is somewhat "basic" but the rooms are very comfortable, and the owners are wonderful. There's a fantastic roof top terrace (acessed by a spiral staircase) where one can enjoy a fine glass of Italian Vino and peruse the harbour. It's somewhat on the "edge of town" but easy walking distance to everything (at least I found that to be the case).

Happy travels!

Posted by
9420 posts

We love Hotel La Tonnarella, mentioned above. It's in Rick's guide.

Posted by
712 posts

Hi,
We stayed at the Hotel Settimo Cielo. It was reasonable and all the rooms have a balcony with fantastic view. From it you can walk to the town centre and catch the Sita bus for a ride down the Amalfi Coast, and it's also sits atop the Delfino restaurant, which is definately a place you want to try. The service was fantastic. If ever I return to Sorrento, I'm staying there again.

Posted by
1003 posts

"Ditto" Monique's reply above. Our family of 4 stayed at Settimio Cielo 4 nights in July 2006 and will stay here again when we return to Sorrento. Most rooms have a balcony with stunning views of the bay. There is a beautiful rooftop pool overlooking the bay too. We enjoyed Sorrento and have very fond memories of the time we were here when Italy won the World Cup! Loved the energy in Sorrento! Capri is beautiful as is Positano. Parked our car at the hotel and took train to Pompeii, bus to Positano and the boat back to Sorrento. Didn't get to Amalfi on this trip. Have a great trip!