Please sign in to post.

Sorrento Hotel for July 2019

Hello Everyone,

Busy planning my trip and wanted to book 2 rooms for my trip at Hotel Minerva Sorrento for July 14th to the 18th 4 nights. Anyway, it says that they are booked. I contacted the hotel to see if this is accurate. In the meantime, I am looking for another comparable hotel on the water with a pool and I can walk into Sorrento. We wont have a car so don't suggest, we're not getting one :)

Love to hear your places and help.

Grazie,
Gina

Posted by
1829 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Bel Air which is basically right next to the Hotel Minerva.
I would recommend it.

I recall being amazed when we checked in the top floor is a parking lot and a little elevator ; nothing else there (we arrived by taxi)
You take the elevator down to the lobby and the rooms are in lower levels since the whole hotel is built into the cliff.
The views and pool were incredible. Many nice common areas. I think all rooms have nice sea side facing balconies.

Is a little bit of a walk from town (not far but up a hill or down headed to town). We did not have a car.
The SITA bus stops near the front door though so good location for catching the bus to see the Amalfi Coast towns.

I do recall the Taxi cost for such a short ride being outrageous but when you arrive in town with luggage, you are kind of stuck. Think we paid more than 20 euro from the train station to the hotel for what should have been a 5 euro ride distance wise almost anywhere else in the world. After paying that once, we walked everywhere afterward.

Posted by
15820 posts

No sea views but we loved Hotel Antiche Mura. It was an easy walk from the train station, just a block or so from Piazza Tasso, and guest services were exceptional. Lovely pool garden and breakfast room. Spring for larger versus the smallest rooms, if possible.