Please sign in to post.

Sorrento Hotel

Hoping to go to Sorrento in late Feb or early March with a college buddy.
We've traveled together a lot (Germany & Alsace) and KNOW that we need twin beds ... we snore but can live with it with twins.
Or 2 cheaper rooms but nothing funky ... we're ~70.
We'll be flying from Nice (where I'm spending the winter with my wife) to Naples and then
going directly Sorrento for ~4 nights. It's a side trip from the Côte d'Azure.
My buddy has some mobility issues so would like to be near city of town.
I'm a savvy traveler (37 trips to Europe) but my first time in Italy as "it".

Posted by
11037 posts

Stayed here when we were in Sorrento:
https://ilnido.it/

Bus service to town. Fabulous view and breakfast

Check out their webcam

Would happily stay there again

Posted by
6265 posts

We stayed at the Ulisse Deluxe some years ago, and would gladly stay there again. It was very inexpensive, and only a few minutes walk from the center and the marina. It is called a hostel, but most of the rooms are doubles with en suite baths. There is a big comfy lounge area, and a big breakfast room. Everything was spotlessly clean, and the staff were helpful.

Booking.com shows a double room with twin beds for about $100. I'd contact the hotel directly, though, and ask for a Rick Steves discount, if they have one. info/@ulissedeluxe.com is the latest address I have.

When we were there there was a RS group staying there.

Posted by
9404 posts

We’ve stayed at La Tonnarella Hotel in Sorrento 3 times, absolutely love it.

Posted by
1045 posts

Another vote for il Nido. I've stayed there about 10 or 12 times and can't praise it enough. Breakfast is wonderful but don't skip dinner! The sunset view of the bay with the diamond necklace surrounding it. Gianni will take your reservation, Dino will make sure that your stay is comfortable and your questions answered. These 2 brothers offer Italian hospitality at its very best!

Posted by
297 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Mignon. Just off the main street next to the church. Clean and nice and good location.