Please sign in to post.

Sorrento Accomodations

My husband and I are going to be in Sorrento for 4 nights next June. I'm having a hard time settling on accommodations. I want a balcony room with a sea view. I prefer to stay around $240-$260 per night. I like everything about the Hotel Bristol, except possibly the location. Has anyone stayed there? Is the walk into town a hassle? We are in our mid 60's and have no trouble walking. But will be walking into town for train, boat, and ferry connections - and probably dinner.
Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Posted by
1025 posts

We really enjoyed Marina Piccola 73, down by the waterfront where the ferries dock. It's a bit of a walk up the hill, but there are buses and an elevator that are both convenient to getting to and from the upper town.

Edited to say that there are balcony rooms with sea views and a killer breakfast buffet.

Posted by
11454 posts

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

https://ilnido.it/

Killer view, with breakfast buffet to match. Free bus to/from town.

Restaurant gets very good reviews.

Stayed there and would happily do so again

Posted by
1 posts

Palazzo Marziale... its near the town square and you will be able to get a Jr Suite for about $235-$250 a nite... the rooms are as beautiful as the pictures would indicated. It is across the street from the Lift down to the marina... so easy to get to town square, easy to get to Marina... and if you book the right suite you can have the water view right from your room. I wrote a review on tripadvisor found here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187782-d291430-r628149369-Palazzo_Marziale-Sorrento_Province_of_Naples_Campania.html

Posted by
1049 posts

I'm agreeing with Joe32F, il Nido has been my home base every year now for over a dozen years. Dino and his family has developed a place, an attitude and a restaurant that makes me feel like "I deserve this!". Breakfast is very special - they have this fun machine so you can make your own orange juice. The views from your room (be specific when you request) and especially from the balcony where dinner is served cannot be beat. You have full view from Capri to the left all the way around to Sorrento Piano. At dusk it looks like a diamond necklace around the Bay. The shuttle into town is no hassle and very convenient. Save your walking for the trip down to the Marina Grande for an amazing seafood dinner. I'll be at il NIdo the last week of June - hope to see you there! You'll recognize me: I'm the one who looks totally relaxed and stress-free . . . because I deserve this!

Posted by
7542 posts

We stayed at the pricey Ambasciatori, part of a group of 4 high end places. The gulf balcony rooms cost extra, but the actual cliff location, and private swimming platform in the gulf, can't be beat by in-town hotels. Not likely $250.