Please sign in to post.

Sorrento accommodation

Attempting to reserve lovely 4-5 star “room with a view “ accommodation, hotel preferred, a few days ahead of RS tour start in 1st week of October. I have tried most of his tour book recommendations without any success. Does anyone have something for that region specifically as I want to see Naples arch museum and return to Pompeii (for. 2nd time). Ingrid.

Posted by
5099 posts

We stayed at the Hotel La Tonnarella on via Capo. It was recommended in an older RS book, but not the recent ones. The property is a 15 minute walk above Sorrento, with spectacular views of Vesuvius.
I know October is still a busy time in the area, so if you find any lodging with availability, don't hesitate to book.
Good luck!

Posted by
32253 posts

I haven't checked to see if it's in the current RS Italy guidebook, but our tour group stayed at Hotel Desiree and I found it to be very comfortable. It's an older hotel and not posh by any means, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again - https://www.guestreservations.com/hotel-desiree/booking?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiPDG9dTvgAMV8wp9Ch28WAZ1EAAYAiAAEgJ9MfD_BwE .

It's right next to La Tonnarella which was mentioned in a previous reply, and if I remember correctly they share a beach. It's on the edge of town, but an easy walk.

Posted by
319 posts

We stayed at the Grand Hotel Aminta. I'm not sure how many stars it is but it was lovely and the views were amazing. It's outside of the city center on a winding little road but there is a nice trail down to town that is really short (because it goes straight).