Please sign in to post.

sorrento

my vacation is march 1st-9th 2012. my husband and i wanted to spend half that time in rome and the other half in sorrento. problem is there seems to be no available rooms march4-8. do i need to spend that time somewhere else? really looking for a relaxed layed back place to stroll, see a few sights, eat drink and become a temporary citizen for the last 4 days. help please.

Posted by
7737 posts

It's really hard for me to believe that there are no rooms available in the entire town for those few days, especially since it's off-season. Or are you finding that the hotels are all closed? Try booking.com or venere.com, but I've got to tell you that Sorrento is not at its prettiest in early March. As an alternative, you might consider staying the whole week in the Roman neighborhoods of Trastevere or Monti, where you can easily become a local for a few days. Good luck.

Posted by
653 posts

Can you flip the dates? Or, try another town near Sorrento, like Positano? Not many places along the Amalfi Coast are open year-round, and that may extend to some places in Sorrento as well.

Posted by
3580 posts

I've stayed at Hotel Nice several times. It is not fancy, but basic and very convenient to everything. The train station is a few minutes' walk away, and the main town is at your feet. Skip the breakfast unless you really need to save money. They have a website.