Please sign in to post.

Sleeping in Rome

Hello,
I am going on a European honeymoon this May. We will be spending just over a week in Rome and are hoping to book an apartment through rentalinrome. Has anyone use this service?

We are considering 2 apartments, one is near Via Etruria, a 20 minute walk south east from the Colloseum. The other is just (5 minutes) north east of the vatican. Both are near metro stations. Any suggestions on the pros and cons of these areas? I know that both are on the outskirts, but we don't mind walking.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Kate

Posted by
56 posts

Hi Kate, I don't know anyone that has used rental in rome but I have heard great things about another similar company; cross-pollinate. It might be worth checking out just to contrast and compare.

Posted by
48 posts

Kate,

We used rentalinrome three years ago with great success. The apartment was just as advertised. We would use them again. I am not familiar with the areas you describe, you may want to check for restaurants and other services in these areas to see which may be a better fit. I think most of Rome is covered by Google Streetwise - it's good to see the neigborhood.

Jim

Posted by
5 posts

thanks for the replys. I still not sure what to do, and am now looking at Trastevere apts near the river.

Kate

Posted by
2304 posts

hi kate
was in rome for 5 days in oct 2008 and rented a private apartment in piazza navona area which was excellent and close to things we wanted to see. got it thru freereservation
.com all different places to look for. have a happy honeymoon and enjoy rome and have fun!!! we did

Posted by
17 posts

I would check out the cancellation policy of the rental places. Some places want all payment up front and will not give back any refund if you cancell within 30 days.