Please sign in to post.

SIXT - Car Rental Company

Hi - Was wondering if anyone has used SIXT Car Rental Company. They are located in many countries but I have never heard of them. I want to rent a car in Rome (likely at the train station, but open to other locations aside from the airport) so that I can drive north to Umbria. Which car company has the best service in Italy??? Thanks for your input.

Posted by
331 posts

Sixt has been mentioned many times by forum posters. They are based in Germany and have only relatively recently expanded to the US. We've rented from them many times in Europe, the Caribbean and Central America, as well as at least once in the US. We've had such good experiences that they are our default choice for rental cars.

Posted by
5080 posts

We've rented from them a couple of times in France and had no problems are all.

Posted by
7021 posts

Sixt are great indeed. There is one thing to watch out for: they sometimes quote rates without any CDW-type damage insurance (only mandatory 3rd party liability), so you need to double check. And when there is CDW, the deductible is typically very high, so you typically need some other form of coverage such as that provided by a credit card. I have never had to deal with a claim with Sixt so I do not know how "painful" they are.

Posted by
15453 posts

Sixt is the oldest rental company in the world. They have been in America for a few years now, primarily at major airports. If Sixt is available where I go in America, I choose them. It’s the only chance I get to rent expensive BMW or Mercedes SUV at a price I can afford.. They mostly carry German brands.

Posted by
91 posts

I used SIXT years ago and was very happy with the Mercedes C class I was upgraded to! A great way to drive around Germany.
I had no issue with the check out or back in.

Posted by
5450 posts

Pretty much the largest car rental company in Europe.