Please sign in to post.

Siena to La Spezia

Has anyone traveled from Siena to La Spezia by Flixbus? If so, how was the experience? Is there a bathroom stop or is there a bathroom on the bus? Thanks much.

Posted by
6901 posts

The handful of Flixbus I've taken (and all of them according to Flixbus website) have bathrooms. No worries. Do take snacks and water though.
For instance, last fall I travelled from Torino to Marseille that way, and the 7-hour trip was fairly comfy and pleasant.
We did arrive over 30 min late in Marseille though; don't expect the same timeliness as for trains.

Posted by
5687 posts

The one time I took a FlixBus (from Ljubljana to Trieste), the bus was 45+ minutes late. I'm glad I had set up the FlixBus app on my phone - the app told me the bus was late but still coming. Otherwise, I'm not sure I would have waited around. The bus was clean and comfortable - for a bus - and did have a tiny bathroom.

I can see that the FlixBus from Siena to La Spezia would be cheaper than taking two regional trains, but the trains would be a little faster (even with a change) 3:02 if you take the 9:18 train vs. 3:35 for the FlixBus. I recall that the train station in Siena is further away from town than the "bus station" (where buses pick up), though, so you would have to get out to the train station where you could easily walk to the bus from town.