Please sign in to post.

Siena to Assisi

We are looking for recommendations on best way to get from Siena to Assisi. We would rather not spend 3-4 hours on a bus if we do not have to but not sure what the best options are. We will not have a car.

Posted by
32331 posts

I'd probably travel by train on that route rather than bus, mostly because I'm more comfortable on trains and prefer them. There are numerous departures available with a travel time of about ~4 - 5 hours and 1 - 3 transfers. You didn't specify when your trip will be taking place, so keeping in mind that schedules are subject to change, the trip I'd likely take is a departure at 08:48, arriving 12:46 (time 3H:58M, 2 transfers). Check the Trenitalia website for all the details.

The station in Siena is at the bottom of the hill below the city, so you'll have to arrange a taxi or whatever to get from your hotel down to the station.

Hopefully one of the others can provide some information on bus services on that route. I don't have any information on ride hailing services as I never use them, but that may also be an option.

Good luck!

Posted by
20987 posts

There is a direct Flixbus every day at 2:35 pm and takes 2 hours. Bus stop is not far from the train station and it takes a local bus to get up to the hill town of Assisi.

Posted by
15 posts

Thank you so much. We are going to look into the Flixbus as a 2 hour trip seems like a doable alternate.