Please sign in to post.

Siena

Best place to stay in Siena for a good price, 3 people, good location, quiet, preferably a B & B?

Posted by
35 posts

Hi Cynthia, We stayed at the B&B Camollia for the price. It was affordable, rooms are nice and very comfortable and the staff was great. It is located outside the wall but within walking distance to everything. When I arrived to Sienna, I had a bad cold that I got from being out in the rain in Florence. Sam took really good care of me and made sure I had plenty of OJ to drink and pointed out where the drug store was so I could get some cold meds. Interesting tid bit (I hope) ~ I had been in Italy for three weeks, had my share of pasta, pizza and gelato (in my opinion the worlds best ice cream) and when I got sick my appetite was screwed up. I was craving McDonald french fries like mad. Of Course! However, In Sienna they are part of the "slow food" trend in Tuscany and they have pushed all fast food chains out of the city. So I didn't get my french fries but I did get some great soup. Hope you enjoy your trip to Italy! It's one of my favorite places to visit! Andrea

Posted by
524 posts

Cynthia It is important to know what a "good price" means to you. You want a triple room, I assume? Bobbie

Posted by
17 posts

Agriturismo San Marciano. Only 3 miles from Siena town center. Amazing breakfast. Even more phenomenal dinnerhomemade, organic, deliciouswith wine pairing. Will be the best meal you have in Siena! Beautiful old farmhouse amidst olive groves. You can taxi there, or rent a car which you'll probably do in order to explore Tuscany.

Posted by
4 posts

Yes, a triple or a double with extra bed. Looking at apx. 100 euros./night.

Posted by
544 posts

My husband and I enjoyed staying at La Coperta Ricamata (www.lacopertaricamata.it). This lovely b&b has spacious, sparkling cleaning rooms with ensuite bathrooms. It is within a 5 minute walk of the main bus station and the center of Siena, but set back enough from the road so that it is quiet and serene. Breakfast buffet is set out each morning in a common area with baskets so each guest can take whatever he/she wishes, and then eat in his/her own room. The owner was charming and very helpful with suggestions about local restaurants and transportation.

Posted by
524 posts

Cynthia If you are going in June, July, or August, you will definitely need air conditioning in all of Italy. As you probably already know, AC is not a given, especially in the more budget accommodations. Had friends stay at the Aldo Domus Convent near the city center. Modern spartan rooms with small in room bathrooms with showers. No TV or radio. Large cold breakfast as in most Italian hotels. Has air conditioning but they said not at the level of US. Ask for a room with a view of Doumus and rooftops of Siena when making a reservation, fabulous. Was a RS recommendation but not sure if still is. Also check TripAdvsior so you get an idea of the place so it meets your expectations. Bobbie

Posted by
58 posts

We stayed at Alma Domus. Terrific view of Duomo with a balcony. Room was kind of spartan but not bad. Desk is helpful and location is good with a 5-10 minute walk to Piazza, but there are numerous restaurants very close by as is the bus station. Also close to walking outside the wall into some gorgeous upscale neighborhoods. Some very interesting parties going on just down the hill. Not exactly a B&B, but kind of feels like one. It was a great deal. Didn't use A/C.

Posted by
10249 posts

I will second Sara's recommendation of Agriturismo Marciano. They have an apartment that I believe would accommodate 3 people. It is possibly my favorite lodging I have ever stayed in, and I have traveled a lot! Check them out on Trip Advisor.

Posted by
653 posts

Hotel Minerva, just outside one of the city gates, especially handy if you have a car (garage parking on premises). There's a nearby bus stop if you decide not to walk into town (only about 10 minutes). Good breakfast, some rooms have views of the city.