Please sign in to post.

Sicily Tour

I am wondering if people feel the Street Food Tours would be redundant, if you were going on the 11 day Sicily tour. If not, Which tour is best in your opinion

Posted by
2630 posts

I didn't do a food tour before/after the Rick Stevens Sicily tour, but I have often done a food tour on my first day in the start city of a tour. I don't think a food tour is redundant at all.

Posted by
2269 posts

We arrived several days before the start of the RS Sicily tour two years ago and signed up for the Streaty Food Tour. It turned out to be an excellent choice for us and was not redundant as regards what the tour covered. The RS tour does not really spend much time in Palermo, and while they take you to the Ballero market, you don’t spend the kind of time that you do on an actual food tour. Our tour met at Teatro Massimo. Our energetic, engaging English-speaking guide gathered our small group and set off on several stops. I’m not sure all tours are identical, but we started with bruschetta and wine at our first stop, had a couple of stops in the Vuccaria market, 2 more stops in the area (beer at one stop) and then ended with dessert. It was an easy walk.