Please sign in to post.

Sicily in March

I’m wondering what the weather will be like in March?

Posted by
6285 posts

A former travel guide for RS, Sarah Murdoch does tours in Sicily in March and April. I recall seeing a variety of photos. Some in shirt sleeves, some in lighter weight jackets. You could poke around on her website (Adventures with Sarah) for photos to give you an idea what you might encounter. We were there mid April into May and had quite a variety of weather. Some downright hot, and some chilly, also, a couple days of rain in the Mt. Etna area.

I'm pretty certain I'd pick March over July or August when its sure to be hot.

Posted by
2621 posts

I was on the Rick Steve's Sicily mid-March 2018, and we had really pleasant weather.

Posted by
209 posts

The weather these days is REALLY unpredictable. I was anticipating mid to upper 70s this past May and was disappointed at how cool and wet it was. My airbnb host in Ragusa Ibla, whose place I selected because of her pool and sadly never took a dip, said the May weather was more like late November! I would agree with her that this year the temps and gray skies were a real bummer. Sorry I have no real advice except to suggest that you wear layers so you are prepared for anything. This year, by June/July the temps were skyrocketing well above 100 and dry brush was catching on fire! Crazy stuff!

Posted by
2257 posts

We went in the latter third of March one year and had lots of rain and cold at the start of our trip in NW Sicily - I was wearing almost everything in my suitcase at once! We had sprayed our shoes with waterproof spray before we went but had to go looking for more spray in Sicily because it had worn off. However, by the time we got to Agrigento, it was hot when we were visiting the temples. It's anybody's guess.