Please sign in to post.

Sicily in last week of October 2014

Hello - My partner and I are traveling to Sicily in the last of October 2014 and are looking for an affordable b&b (up to $75 a night) in an seaside house or apartment. We found a few in Cefalu but are curious if anyone else out there has stayed there or can suggest something similar. We are looking for primarily accessibility by train and walking to the sea as well as shops, restaurants, banks, and other businesses. We'd like to shop at a market and pack a picnic to eat at out flat on the beach. Relaxing and picturesque is what we we're hoping and looking for. Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Sandra and Lidia

Posted by
2 posts

Hi Sandra and Lidia...
I'm Sicilian and problaby I can suggest you something. The most important thing to know is... how many days you will spend in Sicily?
Cafalù is wonderful and you can get it by train but...if you want move on others places during holidays...probably it's better if you rent a car.
Taormina of course has got, as well as Cefalù, a lot of shops restaurants ect... In Sicily there are a lot of wonderful Places...so you can try also Catania and Siracusa.
Anyway I can suggest an excellent website where you can find a lot of informations: www.visitsicily.travel

Let me know if you need others details.

Gabriele

Posted by
1501 posts

I've been to Sicily a number of times. Cefalu is a lovely place, but it's pretty small to spend an entire week in. That's my opinion. I usually travel around a bit, but usually spend a week in Taormina because there is just so much to see and do there. I have used legendofsicily.com for rental apartments. I don't know about $75 a night, but sometimes if you spend a little more on a well situated place, it can more than make up for transportation expenses in going to where the sites are. From Taormina you can take an excursion to Mt. Etna. There's also a lovely vineyard near Mt. Etna, Gambino Vini.