Please sign in to post.

Sicily

Originally my mom and I were going to stay in Germany for three days then take a train over the Alps to Venice then go to Rome and Tuscany, but since we are on this time share sorta thing we have to stay in Sicily. I do not know much about Sicily or what to do there.

Please Help,
DS:)

Posted by
10344 posts

Sicily is very different from the places you originally intended to stay!

What month are you going to be in Sicily?

And for how many days/weeks?

Here's a link taking you to every discussion we've had of Sicily on this forum in the last few years: browsing those will get you started.

click here for all discussions of Sicily had here

Depending on how many days/weeks you'll be in Sicily, $25 for one of the guidebooks focusing on Sicily will probably be one of the better trip investments you make.

Rick Steves does not have a book that covers Sicily.

Posted by
22 posts

We are planning on going to Sicily in May or June for 1 week.

Posted by
10344 posts

In Sicily May would be significantly less humid than June, if you have a choice between the two dates.

As I mentioned, the link in the first post will take you to everything that's been said about Sicily on this forum.

Posted by
22 posts

thank you so much for your insight.

DS:)

Posted by
440 posts

Read Lonely Planet 'Sicily' and Rough Guides 'Southern Italy'.

Posted by
21 posts

I just got back from Sicily and I loved it. Where you are staying has alot to do with what to do. lonley planet Sicily is pretty good. I was in Palermo, Catania, and Syracusa. They were all very different, but I enjoyed them all. Catania is a "college town" with lots of young people and night life.
I think you will really enjoy Sicily.