Please sign in to post.

Sicily

Can you recommend "Rick Steves" $ and $$ type places to stay in Sicily? Also, what time of year is best to visit?

Thank you. aj

Posted by
199 posts

Ann, ditto what Kent said. I'd love to help out with ideas, but need to know what you have in mind. My wife and I were there in late September/early October 2007 and it was gorgeous. The weather couldn't have been better...upper 70s, low 80s. I have many suggestions but need to know what help you need.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks for your reply. We do not have firm plans yet, but my husband and I had planned to
visit in October. We like to stay in small, clean, but not fancy local hotels. Just looking for names of hotels in the less than 100 euros (if that still exits)price range.

Posted by
10344 posts

Here's some links answering your questions:clickclick2click3click4click5More if you search on Sicily in upper right search box.

Posted by
247 posts

April to June and late September to October are the best months for traveling in Sicily.

Here are some amazing places to stay that would be under €100 a night (with breakfast): Pensione Svizzera in Taormina, Palazzo del Sale in Siracusa, La Casa Sulla Collina D’oro in Piazza Armerina, B&B Villa Diana in Agrigento, and Pensione Tranchina in Scopello.

Posted by
199 posts

If going to Cefalu, which I recommend, Hotel La Giara is RS-type place in the old city. Proof of that is his tour was there when we were. It was well under 100 Euro in October.