Please sign in to post.

short stay in Venice

Hello!
We will be extending our Heart of Italy tour by traveling to Venice on our own. We were going to stay at Hotel Serenissima, but have heard some mixed reviews on the beds, which is a priority for the hubs. I have Rick's list, but would like to hear some traveler suggestions on other places to stay, mostly around the Rialto and St. Marks. Casa Pisani? Others? Anyone had a good experience at a place with a shared bathroom? Sorry, feeling overwhelmed :( Thanks on advance for the help!

Posted by
145 posts

In Venice now and would highly recommend staying AWAY from St. Marks and Rialto! We have staying all over Venice but MUCH prefer the Dosodoro district - just across the bridge from S. Marco but much nicer - better restaurants, much better value lodging, peaceful and lovely. easy walk or Vaparetto ride to everywhere. You will, of course, visit S. Marco and Rialto but it's nice to have a refuge away from the maddening crowd,

Pensione Accademia is lovely but I think all of Ricks recommended places are good. Also check booking.com and look at ratings - I have had good luck with highly rated properties there (though I always take online ratings with a grain of salt!).