Please sign in to post.

Seeking private walking tour guide in Venice Italy, Sept 2021

I searched for similar topics on the forum but most were over 3 years old, thought I'd start a new thread...
Our group of 6 will be visiting Venice in September and plan to hire a private guide for a 3-4 hour walking tour. We would like to visit the must sees + some hidden gems off of the beaten path. RS guide book offers a handful of recommendations but I would like to know whether anyone has had a great experience with a local guide who is personable and fluent in English...

Also, has anyone hired a private sail boat to explore the Venetian Lagoon for a day? Is it worth it? I found a sail boat EOLO, 2400 euro for the 6 of us for 8 hours (including a meal on board). Seems pricey but I am not familiar with the market rate.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Posted by
37 posts

Stacy Gibboni….lives in Venice…American…Rick Steve’s guide…artist…and very nice lady!
Check out Rick’s “market place” under Italy and I believe you’ll see her listed.
Enjoy!

Posted by
6544 posts

Stacy Gibboni was our guide for the RS Venice-Florence-Rome tour a few years ago and did a great job. She's an artist, I don't know that she does local tours in Venice. The local guides we used there, who were terrific, were Elisabetta Morelli and Corine Govi.