Please sign in to post.

Secret Food Tours?

Has anyone booked with Secret Food Tours in Italy? They have tours in three of the cities we'll be visiting next year: Rome, Naples, and Bologna.

I'll be glad to hear your experiences and impressions. Thank you.

Posted by
2252 posts

Well, not exactly the info you are seeking but we did take a Secret Food tour for the Marais in Paris a year ago. It was wonderful. Our guide was born and grew up in the Marais, was knowledgeable about her home and the foods specific to the area. We enjoyed it very much and I would think (hope?) the S.F. tours for Italy would be equally as good. Did you also look at EatingItaly tours? I have done two in Rome and know they also have food tours in several other cities in Italy. They were wonderful, too. All our food tours have included more food than we could possibly need (but ate every bit) and well done informative and enjoyable walking tours.

Posted by
4463 posts

We took the Secret Food Tour in Paris and the Italy Walks food tour in Florence. Both were outstanding.

Posted by
118 posts

We did the Secret Food Tour in London and it was outstanding.

Posted by
6370 posts

Wow, thank you. We did the Gourmetaly tour in Rome a few years ago, and enjoyed it more than we thought we would. It was learning about the food that was so impressive.

The Secret Food Tour caught my eye; there's a dinner option with more wines that is tempting for one of our first nights in Rome. I haven't checked the Bologna tour yet. I'm still tossing around ideas, but I'd like to do at least one food tour in each city. We'll be in Rome, Naples, Siena, and Bologna for at least 3 or 4 days each, bracketing the RS South Italy tour.

Posted by
990 posts

I have not taken the Secret Food Tours in Italy, last year we took Eating Italy tour of Trastevere and loved that tour so much, took an Eating Italy tour in Florence and in London this past year as well. Two weeks ago I took the Secret Food Tour in Berlin and enjoyed the tour. If I were to go back to Italy again, I would take an Eating Italy tour. I like the structure of the tour and the guides.

I am sure that either choice will give you an nice culinary adventure.

Sandy