Please sign in to post.

Scavi Tour Payment

I received my confirmation for the Scavi Tour. When I tried to pay using the link provided, my connection hung up. I tried to go back and re do the payment but am now receiving a message the time provided has lapsed. Will I be able to go back on a different day and make payment? I know I have 10 days from the confirmation date to pay. Should I email the Scavi Office of the difficulty I am experiencing?

Posted by
10 posts

Agie, I do not know if attempting on another day will solve your problem. I would at least email them, but there may be a phone # too. I would try that as well. I seem to recall when I was confirming the Scavi Tour that I received two emails, one containing the link for payment, the other with instructions on where to meet, bag restrictions, etc. I do hope you get through to them! Carol

Posted by
10 posts

Agie, here's contact info. for scavi office. Perhaps you would have better luck reaching Scavi office via fax rather than phone to let them know payment link does not work. I would include a copy of the email and a short note . Buona Fortuna! Carol
Ufficio Scavi
Fabbrica di San Pietro in Vaticano
00120 Vatican City (Europe)
E-mail: scavi@fsp.va; uff.scavi@fabricsp.va
Tel: 0039 06 698 85318 Fax: 0039 06 698 73017

Posted by
393 posts

Scavi means excavation - putting Scavi in the heading without saying WHICH means people don't know what your're talking about w/o clicking in.

Posted by
4076 posts

Interesting, Evan. While you are correct, I don’t think I have ever come across it on this forum with any other meaning.

Posted by
3812 posts

Pompei Scavi railway station has been mentioned a few times. Using foreign words without actually knowing their meaning "on the ground" can lead to funny missunderstandings. Like asking an old Roman waiter if you can dine "al fresco"! Or about a "Topa tour" far from Venice!

May Agie2356's difficulties be linked to the Verified-by-Visa and MasterCard-SecureCode protocols used by the Vatican?
Some have solved the problem calling their credit card company and asking to speak with somebody in the fraud department.