Please sign in to post.

Sardinia

After a cruise and a week in Cinque Terre, my 17-year old daughter and I will be meeting my Swedish friend and her 16-year old daughter for in Sardina for a week for a bit of R&R. We hope to rent a small flat. While I have found many apartments online, I am wondering what area is best. We are looking at the Alghero/Bosa area, as it seems not as busy, and close to the AHO airport for our 7AM flight back to Rome. Any suggestions? Grazie!

Posted by
931 posts

Diane, pick up a Lonely Planet guidebook and do some reading about Sardinia. We were there a year ago, and really enjoyed it. We used a rental car to explore the whole island. What time of year are you going? What do you want to do? We only stayed one night in the Alghero, but loved it. Our local Italian restauranter loves that town also. We also styed in a fantastic Agritourisimo on the NE called Stazzi la China and did day trips to many beaches and towns. (self contained apt w/ Bfast for $80 EU nite, awesome home cooked meals for $18/nite, wonderful owners; see reviews in Trip Advisor) But we really enjoyed Cagliari; much more to do. My wife enjoyed the shopping ( and picked up lots of Valleverde shoes; her favorite; built well and moderatelyy priced!), and the many lo-cost dining options, and visiting all of the sights. They also have an awesome farmers market. We dove to the various beaches around Cag.; beautiful long and sandy. There was quite a few to pick from. Our plane to Rome (Ryan Air to Ciampino, $85PP US + $45 limo to Fiumicino) left at 6;30am; the drive to the airport from the city was quick and easy. Use Whichbudget.com to check for flights. We rented our car using Autoeurope.com. We usually use VRBO.com and Homelidays.com to rent apts in the EU. If you want more info, send me a PM. Also post your same question on Trip Advisor; they have some very knowledgable "Sardinian advisors".