Please sign in to post.

Santa Margherita

My husband and I are going to Santa Margherita, Italy, for a day as part of a European cruise. However, we are finding VERY limited/sparse info on this city! Does anyone have any recommendations of what to do/eat/see in this city?

Posted by
565 posts

First: It seems to be a place to stay rather than a tourist destination. Second: It's my favorite Riviera city as it's a real city. Most use this city as a place to visit the CT. It is also a place to take a ferry to Portofino. Do the touristy Portofino thing and come back and adore the city as it should be. The waterfront is a wonderful place to have dinner and cocktails. If you feel adventurous, there is a beautiful church and a garden above the waterfront. I wish I could remember the name but it was after a couple of glasses of wine and we were just wandering around this incredible city. I have never heard anyone object to Santa Margherita Ligure.

Posted by
328 posts

We day tripped from the CT in 2009. We ate lunch at a Rick recommended restaurant, Dal Baffo. Good food, great prices. We ordered pizza. It was really good, however, next time we would order the fresh seafood, as that was what the locals were ordering. We were the only tourists in the restaurant.